I'm not one to say much politically. Not that I don't have an opinion. I have a strong one. Ususally I take deep breaths and allow others to express themselves and I don't get too ruffled.......However!!!!
*
The new Health Care Reform has made me sad
*
I want the old America back
*
I believe you pay your way for the blessings bestowed on you
*
I believe in "We the people"
*
I want "leaders" who believe in wisdom, common sense and believe in the principles that have guided us for centuries.
*
I believe "We the people are losing our freedoms"
*
I believe man is not free unless the government is limited
*
I believe we should tell the gvt. what to do --not the other way around
*
It's time to say something, anything
*
We need to teach our kids what it means (to us) to be American. Tell them how we feel.
*
As Glenn Beck states "There seems to be an enemy of our family, our jobs, schools, businesses, our health care and our country..
*
We have been warned:
We must not shrink our duty
to defend our rights.
The constitution was written by inspired men of God
There is no excuse for loss of freedom
We must be on the right side and be counted to protect that freedom at all costs.
*
we have been commanded and encouraged to study our constitutional rights.
we must self educate and do what we can.
*
Today I voiced my opinion, and it felt good. Did it change anything? (no) Did I make a difference? ( no) do others disagree with me? (of course) The point is, I need to get involved in any small way I can. Even if it's on my blog that only a few people read. But my kids and g-kids will see that their g-ma is passionate about something that matters.
*
YES!!!! history was made with health care...."His Story" was heard, His plan won, but I pray it's not over..The first chapter of "HIS" book is depressing for my family. I hope the American people will change the ending of this nightmare.
*
I am afraid, and sad...Not sure how these changes will affect my future. I have hope, and continue to walk with the prophets, and follow their counsel, and try my hardest to preserve my rights as an American.
*
I am Sue Heugly, I am an American and I love my country. I will continue to pray for gvt. leaders...God Bless us all.

8 comments:
ME TOO!!!!! I am passionate about our country too, and have probably not said enough publicly myself. Thank you for your words.
SAD is how I feel as well
Well said. Prayer...lots of prayer.
Amen, and I'm with Scrappy Girl, LOTS of prayers.
I agree with every word. Early on in this I took every opportunity to send letters to Senator and Representatives and it didn't do any good, except I did feel I had done something. When they get up and say we have done the people's business that is so not true. The majority of the country did not want this. That is the proof of the lie. My daughter and SIL run their own business and they are just livid.
QMM
this made me think of something random- just this past sunday I was reading my mom's patr. blessing (AWESOME!!!) and one random thing it said that had us all wondering was that she would be a "Defender of our country"... what you said reminded me of that. kind of cool, but sometimes you feel like... what can i do?
this whole thing is so weird. i hope it all works out and smooths out.
I agree with you 100% (but you already knew that).
Awhile back I had decided not to blog anymore political because it seemed to turn people off. I'd get less comments and I knew some of my real life friends disagreed with my opinions. But then I was sitting in Sacrament Meeting one Sunday and something was said at the pulpit, and the thought clearly came into my head that where much is given, much is expected and that I needed to continue to stand up for our freedoms and what I felt was right.
I later learned that a few people I know never paid attention to politics until I started blogging about it. That shocked me because I am not an expert and sometimes not as well-informed as I should be. We never know who we may impact with what we say or blog about, and we may feel like we're not making a difference, but I feel strongly it's what we're supposed to do.
I completely agree. I feel sad a lot of Tongans just don't get it. they don't know enough about our country to fight for it. a lot do, and I am thankful for those who do, but I am like you, sometimes sick back in a conversation and let them deal with it. but no more, I will stand for what is right, (in the open) lol hugs to you, and sorry I am so MIA on blogworld. take care my friend.
Post a Comment