This Monday Morning is a good one for me...But, not so much for sooo many across the world.
As I posted this morning about some happenings in our family, I realize how fortunate I am in so many ways. Do I have challenges? more than any of you know..Do I have those moments when I wonder if I can go on? yes, sometimes I do. DO I get frustrated, disappointed, even depressed? yes, of course I do.
As I posted this morning about some happenings in our family, I realize how fortunate I am in so many ways. Do I have challenges? more than any of you know..Do I have those moments when I wonder if I can go on? yes, sometimes I do. DO I get frustrated, disappointed, even depressed? yes, of course I do.
``````
``````
The gospel, good friends, and a strong family help me through those tuff times.....Saturday Mark and I went to see a show called "To save a life:.. There weren't many good movies to choose from so we went to see "To save a life"....It was good and both Mark and I talked about it afterwards...below is a synopsis about it...Anyway suicide and depression and what is our responsibility were on my mind that day...
Then I heard about Marie Osmond's son..I felt so bad for her.. I know her through my friend who works for her, and my sister lives next door to Donny's personal assistant.
````
`````
My heart and prayers go out to those who can't find the support they need through difficult times..My husband and I were engaged when his mom took her own life. It was a devastating time for our family..
```
````
Just had to get this off my mind.
Is there someone who needs us right now?
````
````

Ever since Jake Taylor was a kid, he was the type of guy you couldn't help but like. For Jake, life is good. He has a ton of friends, a basketball scholarship, a hot girlfriend and a really bright future. Not much to get down about, right?
Enter Roger Dawson. He was Jake's childhood best friend before Jake's growing popularity pushed him out. Tired of not fitting in and having a place to belong, Roger walks onto campus and, with a gun in his pocket and pain in his heart, makes a tragic move.
Jake is devastated by what Roger has done, and something in him changes. In seeking answers in his own life, one question plagues him the most: Could I have saved him? He finds himself deeply compelled to reach out to kids on the fringe -- kids who aren't viewed as cool enough. But this decision among other things, threatens Jake's world. He may lose his friends, his scholarship and even his reputation by asking "What do I want my life to be about?"
Enter Roger Dawson. He was Jake's childhood best friend before Jake's growing popularity pushed him out. Tired of not fitting in and having a place to belong, Roger walks onto campus and, with a gun in his pocket and pain in his heart, makes a tragic move.
Jake is devastated by what Roger has done, and something in him changes. In seeking answers in his own life, one question plagues him the most: Could I have saved him? He finds himself deeply compelled to reach out to kids on the fringe -- kids who aren't viewed as cool enough. But this decision among other things, threatens Jake's world. He may lose his friends, his scholarship and even his reputation by asking "What do I want my life to be about?"

4 comments:
I feel so bad for Marie and her family...so hard to go through losing a child.
Oh Peg with 2 daughters with bipolar disorders the roller coaster life we have lived would fill 2 books. Through the grace of God they are both stable and doing well now. Hopefully mature enough to deal with all the stressors that set these folks off, but we have put them in God's hands. Of course that is a little different from minors in trouble. Blessings
QMM
Catching up around here and loved this post. Not because of the hard times you have shared but because it gives one time to think for a minute about the struggles that others go through.
If we can just be a little more kind.
Great words!
It's so sad when someone feels that much pain. I'm so sorry your husband lost his mom that way.
I feel like I know Marie, too, having grown up watching their show and wanting to be just like her. My Dad also worked with Virgil and introduced us to the Osmond family once. So sad.
Post a Comment