My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween was BOO-licious!!!!

Because Halloween was on Sunday this year,
we celebrated on Saturday like most everyone else.

Our day went something like this...
Outside there were leaves to be raked

Dakota (KOKO) our grand-daughter

turned "11" so we all went to celebrate at Cinegrill

we had spaghetti, salad and garlic bread...delish!!! one of our fav's



Here we are with the birthday girl



Camri wants this to be about her!!!



Then we went to our last football game to see our son coach his Brighton Bengals and they "WON" against Alta
(I should've taken pictures of the game, but took a few of the beautiful scenery)




Then it was time to get ready for our Trunk or Treat...

We actually do it in the gym instead of outside where it's cold and usually rainy.


Here's Mark in his Scottish Kilt and pipes (we were in Scotland a few years ago, and he had to buy this.)

" Being a man" spoke to me this year...I loved my "manly" Calvin Klein Shoes that I found at the thrift shop.


My friend happened to show up as a guy too!!!

Here's Brandon and Peach's family




Here's Ethan and Amy's Fam...
Amy, HELLO!!!!!! I'm taking your picture, put down the camera



Marci made all the costumes in her family...
this one----


and all of these....





Then off we went to Jake and Liz's house for their annual Halloween party

There's not enough film to take all the pictures of their darling home.....Just know they had every inch decorated..
We ate our traditional Navajo tacos, chips and dip, homemade root beer, cookies and cake.

here's Christian who was the" Frozen head in the freezer"


Do I have creative Daughters-in law or what?
This is Liz who hosted the party and made all her kids costumes as well







Yes, another Halloween spent with family
Is there any other way?
Hope all of you had a fun and safe Halloween

5 comments:

mCat said...

Loving the kilt and entire scottish dress! I used to dance with the Utah Pipe Band and so that brought a fond memory!

Scrappy Girl said...

The fridge absolutely ROCKS...that is my fave costume I have seen this year. And BTW...Mark is really rockin' that kilt. Happy Halloween!

Joe and Marci said...

It was such a fun weekend!!!

Ethan & Amy said...

My mom is a man and my dad is in a dress. Wow!! No wonder I'm scarred :)

tammy said...

Love all the costumes and your cute family. And that fridge! So creative. Yay on Brighton's win. Even though I went to Alta. I had lots of cousins and friends at Brighton, so that's okay. : )