My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Monday, October 18, 2010

The U.S. Capitol.....

===============


they were having a peace rally on the lawns of the Capitol while we were there.


================




















=============

one of the old Supreme court rooms




==============

the ceilings were beautiful




































===============
Ronald Reagan statue

at the base of his statue are pieces of the Berlin wall


================



The Capitol was worth going to see. It's one of the most visited of all the federal bldgs.

It's often mistaken for the White house.
It's the custom of flying flags over the East and West fronts since world war 1.

The Rotunda is used for inaugurations and distinguished individuals lying in state.

===

The Capitol is used for meetings of the Senate and House of Representatives.

===

This is free

1 comment:

mCat said...

I love the statue of Ronald Reagan. And I didn't know that pieces of the wall were at the base. How fitting!