My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Monday, October 18, 2010

We toured the White house...

















==============
We were fortunate enough to tour the White house...


You can go through if you have a senator or member of congress get you a pass...


THANK YOU SENATOR ORRIN HATCH (for getting us one)...

After several security check points, and showing our drivers license, we were able to procede.
================


These are the rooms we visited:

===============

THE STATE DINING ROOM
can seat 130 guests for dinner or lunch..
carved into the fireplace mantel is a quotation from a letter by John Adams:
(that I loved)

"I PRAY HEAVEN TO BESTOW THE BEST BLESSINGS ON THIS HOUSE AND ALL THAT SHALL HEREAFTER INHABIT IT. MAY NONE BUT HONEST AND WISE MEN EVER RULE UNDER THIS ROOF"



================

THE RED ROOM:
used for small receptions...A favorite of all the first ladies


==================

THE BLUE ROOM:
Used by the President to receive guests.


===============

THE GREEN ROOM:
used as a parlor and is used for receptions

======
THE EAST ROOM:
largest room in the whitehouse. It is used for receptions, ceremonies, press conferences, and weddings. The bodies of 7 presidents have lain in state here.


==============

The library:
is set up for teas and meetings for the President and First Lady

===============

THE CHINA ROOM:

loved this room...displays of glass and china used by the presidents.

=================

THE VERMEIL ROOM:
contains an extensive collection of silver and is used for a variety of functions.

===============
I loved the tour..
You can't help but have a reverance and appreciation for all the past presidents and their families who have tried to better America.

No comments: