My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Monday, October 18, 2010

Our 10/10/10 experience at the White house......

Mark and I had the privilage and opportunity to visit the D.C. area for about a week..

The weather was perfect...in the 70's

I would call this our Patriotic trip....nothin but flags and history on every corner.


=======================


This is how I felt the whole trip!!!!!!










======================

this is the view from our hotel ( The Capitol Hilton, $400 a night)



If you look down the middle of the picture and clear in the back, you can see the White house..


Yes, we had a view of it from our room..







Our first night there, we had to walk only 2 blocks to see this....


=====================

We have never seen so many squirrels..
they were everywhere


====================

We pretty much walked the whole trip...It was just gorgeous











=================
Our Favorite restaurant, and one that we frequented often was


McCormick & Schmicks

The food was fabulous especially the walnut crust apple pie, Thyme crusted salmon, berries in cream, and their french bread...I could go on, but it will just make me hungry.










==============

I took lots of pictures, and I posted about the sites individually. So....if you have nothing better to do, you can scroll down and see the sights as we did.


Enjoy the beauty of Washington D.C.
The following posts:
Whitehouse Tour
Washington Monument
Reflecting pools
The Lincoln Memorial
The National Portrait and art museum
U.S. Capitol
The spy museum
China Town and the Ford Theatre

4 comments:

mCat said...

All the pictures are amazing, it looks like a wonderful trip! I need to get back there before November of next year. Splenda's mom is serving a mission at the DC temple!

Scrappy Girl said...

I am off to read more about your trip. Awesome hotel...I love me some HILTON!

CB said...

I really enjoyed looking through all the pictures of your trip!
The one and only time I have been to D.C. was3 years ago, also in the fall but it was so hot when we were there!
We also got to tour the White House and I thought it was just amazing. Our tour guide told us that they used to hang laundry in the East Room when the weather wasn't nice - try and picture that - ha ha.
Washington D.C. is such a special place and you feel so patriotic walking around the mall and to all the great sites.
So glad you had a fun trip - it looks like you saw the best of the best. I would love to go back again sometime.

tiki_lady said...

i just love DC and I miss the day trips I used to fly out for! How fun.