My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Never Forgotten..Forever Grateful

I'm blowing kisses to you "Dad". 
 (xoxoxoxox)

You are celebrating your 20th birthday this year in Heaven.
And today you would have turned 84, had you been able to
live just a little longer with us.
*
You were only only 64 when you left us.
 As I'm in my 60's now
I realize how young that is.
*
I miss you everyday♥
Your teasing, your love for the simple things of life,
and your love for others.
*
Dad, you taught me what matters in life,
and how with the right priorities you can still have fun, every single day.
*
I'm trying hard to live up to the blessing of being your daughter.
I treasure my memories with you.
*
Your Heugly grandsons would make you proud. They have such wonderful
families. They are all doing the best they can. They miss you too.
*
I'm glad all my boys still remember you and all the fun they had with you
on the basketball floor.
*
Thanks for the love we continue to feel from you dad.
We have needed that so much, as the vicissitudes of life have been
pretty trying with the Nielsen Family, lately.
I love you with all my heart.
love suz



 Dad, thanks for the prayers you are still
offering for me and my family.
We know you are close.
*************************

6 comments:

One Fantastic Housewife! said...

Such a nice post to honor your father. {{hugs}}

Anonymous said...

You have a wonderful father who has had such a positive influence in you life. He would be so proud of the woman you are.

CB said...

Beautiful post for your dad. He probably just beams at you and your family!
I love the younger picture of you with your dad. I have always thought you are so pretty but you have always been a beauty!

tammy said...

What a sweet post to your Dad. And I agree with Cherie, you've always been beautiful.

Pedaling said...

I'm new to your site.
Beautiful post.
We never stop missing them, do we?
I love that pic of your pa with the hat!

mCat said...

What a beautiful post! I've no doubt he is proud of you, your family, his grandchildren and great grandchildren....and what a blessing to know that he's always nearby : )