My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Saturday, September 17, 2011

NFL trip with the boys....



Yes, it's true when your kids get married they begin a new family.
That family becomes number one.
But it doesn't mean you stop being a part of
your original family, with parents and siblings.
SOOOOOO....
we do a couple of traditions that keep the bonds tight, fun and
ever so memorable.
******
We do an NFL trip,
going to see a different sons favorite team.
The only rule:
no game on Sunday.
We have enjoyed Dallas Cowboys, Chicago Bears and now
we can add
The Oakland Raiders
and
Denver Broncos.
Come along and follow us and our sons on our
2011
Denver trip.
16th street was a pedestrian mall that had fun shopping.
We enjoyed the statues and pianos.
You could pick up a free bus anywhere along the street you wanted,
if you got tired of walking.
We held up four fingers to remind us that number 5 brother was
missing. (he came the last day for the game)



We couldn't believe how many pianos were at this pedestrian mall
to play on. Each one was different, and colorful.






Of course we all had to pose by the statue that spoke to
our personality...
Justin loves baseball.
Swinnnngggg battter!!!
 Jake loves to goof off with the kids
 Josef and his boys are pirates
at heart.
(Colin this ones for you)
Mark is going round in circles..Which is the story of
his life.
  Ethan loves to golf. He can't wait for the Doctor
to say he's healthy enough to play again.
3 weeks since his first stint. (he now has 4)  We had to be careful
with our bud. He was a real trooper.
Hugging away.

The city was getting ready to
remember 9/11
My grand son Beau calls fire trucks a bad-day truck.
So we had to get our picture taken in front of a bad day truck with a very nice firemen.
I love firemen♥ especially ones that volunteer to
take your family picture and stand in the photo carrying a flag..


They were setting up for the Beach boy concert to
commemorate 9/11



They had on display pieces of the twin towers with a flag
draped over. Guards stood all around it.
tons of policemen everywhere we went

lots to think about and be grateful for.


I loved this shot I got of the flag above the venue

I like this picture because it shows even the cops were taking photos
of this special somber occasion.


The security guards told us not to take a picture of the twin towers.
But Mark had already snapped one. They said it was for
security reasons.
They did say we could take a picture of the world trade center sign.
This picture is of the Colorado pioneers. You mean we aren't the only
ones to have pioneer statues? calm down...I'm kidding.
We saw Coors field---which is the home for the Major league
Base Ball Colorado Rockies
The sports authority was where the Broncos play
6 flags
We are nothin but sports fans through and through..
found a store that had tons of NFL stuff that was tempting...
called the "SPORTS FAN"
Jake almost bought this ever so flattering Raiders hat.
As we checked out we noticed the banners up by the ceilings.
All my boys favorites in a row.
Broncos, Raiders, Steelers, Cowboys, and the Chicago Bears.
What are the chances? I'm just saying.
Of course what's a trip without all the good food?
Here we are at a mexican restaurant.
Delish!! 

Not sure who's arm that is in the white. Definitely
not mine. I have thin attractive arms!! Not chubbo, turbo arms.
On 9/11 The cowboys were playing against New York on TV,
 So we had a little party in the hotel.....







The cowboys lost, which made Ethan sad...But because it was
on 9/11 and playing in New York, we were happy that New York Won
We went shopping the next day at the outlet mall
and bought souveniers for all the families.

After shopping we went to see the WARRIOR movie..
 Its about 2 brothers who end up fighting each other
 for the prize $5,000,000.00.
Are you ready for some Football?
The day has come.
Broncos versus the Raiders
Jake is a Raiders fan and Brandon is a Broncos fan..
Who did we cheer for??????
Orange---Broncos
Black----Raiders
Really boys? We are in Bronco Territory and your all
dressing for the Raiders.. 

Before the game we stopped for some sushi, steaks
salads and Cream of mushroom soup....
Probably our favorite restaurant.


In front of the Stadium...


The tickets are sold out for years in advance.. So we had to
pay $150.00 for $42.00 seats in the nose bleed section.
Oh well!!! 

Finally Brandon showed up the last day. This was his team.


All 7 of us...Brandon, mom, Dad, Jake, Ethan
Justin and Josef






Bronco Cheerleaders 

Jake even got his picture taken with some.
They were really nice, because Jake was wearing Raiders shirt.



They had sky divers with the flag..
so cool.

  favorite part was when the service men came out on the field with the flag.

 Half Time was very patriotic


We had lightning and yes...finally rain.
We got drenched 2 different times.
Jake is dripping wet!!!

Fireworks show was awesome.
It was a fun game.
Broncos lost and
Raiders won

Before catching our flight we had time to go to the Denver Temple
and have our picture taken.
 Then off to the mall again. All the boys and Mark had a massage.
Heavenly!!!!!

******
A few lines I would like to remember…

“How was your customer service today (at Enterprise)?” Jake response – “Overwhelming”

“Did you eat pretzels on the plane?” Joe to mom after our 60 minute flight

“I’m trying Tommy” – From the Warrior (in the voice of Nick Nolte)

“Turn that ship around” – From the Warrior (also in the voice of Nick Nolte)

“Bacon, again? You were doing so well!” – From Ethan to Joe after ordering Bacon again.

Moments to remember…

The 9/11 celebration downtown (Beach Boys invited)

The MRE eggs at Comfort Inn

The really bad salad at Johnny Rockets

Jake, and his acid reflux at the Hotel at 2:00 am

Jake, and his hot dogs being dipped in nacho cheese, after the spring rolls, and before the french onion soup, all leading up to said reflux

Ethan’s comment about sleeping with Jake…”It’s like lying next to Lord Vader at night”

The Shire in Hobbiton – making reference to the 6 ½ foot beds at Comfort Inn and small bathrooms

Running down 16th Street (returning after only 2 miles, and then riding 4 more miles on the bike in the fitness room)

Walking down 16th Street with Justin on Sunday, while the rest took naps

The workout group & runners on 16th street while we were riding

Checking Fantasy Football scores the whole time

Dallas losing a 14 point lead in the fourth quarter, losing to the Jets

The Conquest Ipad App – Simulating the Risk Game (8 Moves – the board was cleared)

Wearing Raider Nation for the 1st Half, Wearing a $110 Bronco Sweatshirt during the 2nd Half

Mom’s GPS phone App, hey it worked
*****************************************
OUR
NFL Trip to Denver was so much fun.
It's so not about the game..
but the laughs and the memories of being together.
Next year is already too far away.
Pittsburgh Steelers here we come!!!
(shout out to my DIL's who support their husbands in
this fun tradition)
and last but not least, I want to say to my sons:

8 comments:

CB said...

This is a neat tradition! And we have to have traditions and things that bond us together as families.
I bet your boys look forward to this trip every year.
I loved seeing some of the things you saw on your trip - the picture with "The World Trade Center" sign, all those piano's - pretty cool!!

Joe and Marci said...

I wanted to make a comment. Amazing! Simply amazing! Always great to be with mom and dad and the brothers. Did you have pretzels on the plane? I did!

Anonymous said...

Another successful bonding trip. Great photos of your time spent together, thanks for sharing them. Your boys truly love each other because of your strong example of family, you and mark are great parents!

One Fantastic Housewife! said...

I love this tradition! One of my faves of the many you have!

The RAIDERS won?! Miracles do happen! {heehee couldn't resist}

My sincerest apologies to your Chicago Bears son for the butt whooping my beloved Saints gave his team yesterday {heehee couldn't resist again}

I thought this year was the Steelers? If you ever come to Pittsburgh you guys are going to pose with me. I will paint myself bronze and pretend to be a statue. I will cover myself with a flag. I will put on a cheerleader uniform. BUT I will never ever wear black and yellow.
{heehee that is the last one I promise}

mCat said...

What a fun tradition! I love it! And your boys all look like best friends!

Anonymous said...

Can I be part of your family!?! I LOVE that tradition, if only I had to boy then it would be a good excuse to start it in our family! I LOVE how well you documented the whole trip too! You should make a scrapbook of the pictures from the games you've gone to :) You're so AWESOME!!

Ethan & Amy said...

What a fun trip. Can't wait for next year already. Bring on the land of steel. Hopefully the Steelers give us an option next year to go to. We could always go back to DALLAS!! Just saying :) I love me some me!

tammy said...

Very cool! What a great tradition. I hope my boys will want to spend time with us, even when they're grown with families of their own.

I've been thinking about you and your son and your husband. Hope things go smoothly from here on out and no more scares!