My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Never, never, will I forget 9/11...For several reasons..

That is my flag flying high over my house...I never want to forget how that day changed my life. I had just returned home from my morning walk. I turned the t.v. on and began my breakfast..
Truly my eyes were deceiving me..I was in shock, and my body started to tremble..

I couldn't eat. I went upstairs, without changing my clothes, I got under the blankets and I didn't move for at least 24 hrs. The only movement was the changing of the channels on the t.v...
My husband was on a business trip in Kentucky..They wouldn't let any planes take off. Some of you know that Mark has a chronic illness which he has to do certain things just to survive..He needed those things at home..

He rented a car and drove home faster than he should have..It was a terrifying couple of days for us..But nothing compared to what the families of all those who died went through..

The feeling of love for my country was truly overwhelming. I cried, I prayed and I was humbled..Yes...This could happen to the greatest country in the world..My country..The country that gave me the freedom to live how I chose to live and worship how I wanted..
No...I will never forget what happened, nor will I neglect to thank God for a freedom that before that day I took for Granted.
GOD BLESS AMERICA
=======
Yes, 9/11 will always be a reminder of what matters most to me
GOD=COUNTRY=FAMILY
Isn't it ironic that one of my favorite people in the whole world would have a birthday on the Day that America changed?
A day that makes you "stop" what you are doing and ponder lifes blessings.
Rachelle Rowan is a sweet heart. I mean that literally, when she dies, they'll find her heart is made of straight sugar, chocolate covered of course..
I'm serious, she's that sweet.
Rachelle would give you anything she has. Her smile brightens the room, her laugh makes you forget your problems..
Rachelle doesn't like to talk about other people..(what?) She always finds the good in everything..(they named pollyanna after her)
Rachelle is a daughter to me, she's my friend and my sister. In fact she's your sister too..You know her don't you?
Everyone wants her for a cousin and a niece..
If your ever in her neighborhood you should stop by..She'll invite you in for her famous chip dip..
Shell know that you are loved and appreciated and you are among my treasures..
***Just for the record, Mark likes a lot of people..But you he "loves"..
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

6 comments:

Devri said...

Dear Many sons Molly, I too will never forget, we just got back from the doctors with our 3rd baby. Watching the tv, as it was happening. so sad, the photo that I will never forget is the fireman, carrying the little boy...

sad sad sad..

Candisse and Family said...

How cute and sweet is that Sue, shell will really appreciate that. As Rachelle always says it was her Birthday before 9/11 happened. I know she has to think of it that way to make it a better feeling. Which goes along with what you said about her Sue. No one knows her as well as I do, and Sue you could not have said it better. She completes me and always has, in fact I think we complete each other. Always knowing what the other is thinking, and how to deal with each other if we are not very happy. I love her more than life it self, and this world would not be the same if she was not here. Thank you Sue for paying such a sweet tribute to my beautiful sister who so deserves it. Love you tons Sue. And Shell I know you are going to read this so wipe the tears, and know I love you sooooo much!! And as you can see I am not the only one. Happy 37th Birthday to you.
Love,
Candisse

Joe and Marci said...

I will never forget Rachelle's birthday. Ever. It is also my nephew's birthday today, he turned 2 on the day we were attacked.
Instead of sadness, we will think about how awesome, and genuine, and loving Rachelle is. If this is the kind of people that make up our country, then we will be okay. We are blessed just to know you!! Happy Birthday!

The Heugly 8 said...

Happy Birthday Rachelle. When I look back at childhood it had a lot of me and you in it. I've always loved you like a sister. Being #1 and #2 I think we share a very special bond. I agree with my mom you are one of the sweetest people I know. I get a little tear in my eye every time I see you. I love the hugs and that special bond we have. This family is blessed because of you. This may be a recent day we think of our country, but this has always been a day that reminds me of you.
Miss you
Love you
Justin

Sue said...

Rachelle,

We're not having a party at my house tonight and it wouldn't matter anyway because if we were as usual you would know that you were not invited, oh and don't forget the chip dip.

Mark

Ane said...

What a wonderful post!