My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Saturday, September 20, 2008

We interrupt this trip.....

These were the headlines as we arrived in Florida this week..
MARKETS IN TURMOIL
DOW TUMBLES 504
CRISIS ON WALL STREET

There is definitely something going on with the Heugly's and Florida...The last several trips have gone something like this..

One trip they took me to the hospital in an ambulance because my blood pressure was sky high..(turns out I had Thyroid problems)
Last year the day we flew, the power was out the entire day in Orlando .
A few yrs. back, the devastation from one of the hurricanes was so severe almost everything was shut down, in our area..

Come on-- this is Walt Disney world..Where dreams come true..

O.K. so there was some bad news...Lately there is always something that can sap your energy .. news that is disturbing or not what what you hope for...Soooo...... What's a girl to do you ask?


You have your picture taken with Mary Poppins...Yes that is me with Mary herself...It turns out all I needed was a spoonful of sugar to make my troubles go away..

I decided to focus on the positive aspects of my trip...

I got to spend time with some great people...While Mark was working I went to the epcot center with Shar and her daughter Bethany..

Because Bethany works at Disney world we got a back door pass to the Fish and hydroponics gardens....Very cool...The pics above are a tomatoe tree, a coconut tree, pineapple tree, winter melons, squash and those things hanging down are gourds..Notice the gators and the tilapia fish..Interesting..(o.k. I guess you had to be there)

My fav. was the shaping of the pumpkins..Check out Mickey mouse.


Isn't this so cute?

Yes, it truly was beautiful, and we enjoyed every minute..Did I mention the food? I love seafood..We went to a restaurant called the "Fying Fish"..This was written at the bottom of the menue : We bathe our fish 3 times: once in water, once in butter, and once in wine..Need I say more?

My other fav. Restaurant was a French one at the epcot center..We had French onion soup ,French bread, Salad ,Ham and Cheese Sandwich and Creme brulee'....Soo yummy, but those French waiters...Well let's just say they were adorable.

We shopped and I bought this cute French tray..It totally matches my kitchen..

Thank you, thank you Mark!!!! He bought me first class tickets going both ways while he sat in coach...The markets may be crashing, but the love market is going strong...I'm buying stocks in marriage..It's the only thing I can count on...You put little down and the dividends are great..

5 comments:

Joe and Marci said...

At least you didn't get hit by a hurricane, maybe next time? We're glad to have you home safe and sound.

leslie reynolds said...

You have been blessed by a wonderful, generous husband.Mark has always loved you. Make no mistake about it. He adores you and is proud as heck. I remember once you were all dolled up and he leaned to me and said, "Isn't she beautiful?" How cool is that. You are my love and marriage heros.

Brittany said...

how fun! i didn't even know you left, you sneaky, sneaky girl...

Devri said...

Guess if you can't have a spoon full of sugar, that tray will suffice(sp?)..(spelling, not so good. Love me anyways?

Lance and Becky said...

At least you guys are home safe! What a sweetheart Mark is to you! I can't stop thinking about the hand post he did for you...he needs to be a song writer :)