My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

AAR.. AAR... IT'S CAPTAIN HEUGLY....

I think you can blame it on Jack Sparrow!!! Who doesn't want to be him?? Certainly every 4 yr. old. Last week Joe and Marci invited us over for homemade tacos to watch the BYU game..As soon as I walked into the house Colin said" here g-ma..I drew these for you"..HELLO!!!! look at these drawings..Is it just me or are these unbelievable for a little squirt?
Here is the Pirate

Here is the Pirate's ship

We played pirates over the summer..Look at the cool foil hook I made for his hand

Here is Colin with his pirate banner and pirate guns and sword
Marci, I think I know what halloween treats colin would love ...

Here is a great idea for Milo!!
Here's Colin and his pirate friend..
Of course the greatest compliment is imitation..Whatever Colin likes his little sister likes too.. As you can see she is a pirate also.

"Make believe" is as important for adults as kids..Isn't there a little pirate in all of us?..

So to all my matey's-- have a great day..


6 comments:

Joe and Marci said...

It's true,we have pirates running around here Halloween or not. A little obsession is healthy, right? :)
What a great post, Colin is drawing you a new picture as we speak...

Devri said...

I love the hand drawn pictures.. and the costumes, and the kids.


ok I love it all.

Anonymous said...

Aarrgghhh. He's a cute pirate and I love his pictures!

leslie reynolds said...

No mateys.

tiki_lady said...

loved it loved it and I believe he has a creative stroke in him, it must be inherited!

Brooke said...

Absolutely darling. I told Joe and Marci that I'm hiring them next year to do our costumes!