My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I'm feelin the love...

In 3rd Nephi 26:16 It states that Babes did open up their mouths and utter marvelous things..

We are admonished constantly to become as little children..Their love is unconditional and freely given.They forgive and forget so easily.

On Sat. I was holding Colin's hand (he's 4) and he looked up at me and said "I'm going to marry you"..I laughed.. But I have thought about that simple comment many times since Sat.
In my g-son's mind-that was the ultimate compliment of love..(He wanted to marry me)

Several months ago. I was helping Marci with the kids (new baby) and I got ready to leave..Colin came down the stairs and said "don't go..I want to keep you"..

Another g-daughter Lauren said to me in a hand written note.
Grandma,
You rock..My heart explodes with love for you..Your really ,really special
to me..Grandma you are awesome..You are really cool and cute. I don't
know how I can show you how much I love you..
Love Lauren

Kaeli, another g-daughter said.."I LOVE YOU AS MUCH AS I LOVE MY MOM AND DAD, JESUS AND GOD. She said you are like my best friends, and of course you are..

KoKo writes a note that said my party was aswome, beutiful, sweet-dalishis, darling and fun..( I spelled the words just like she did)

Mckinzie said "I wish I had a picture of me showing you how much I love you, but I would have 2 stretch my arms out to the end of the universe 2 show u how much I love u..

We all have treasures like these that we keep in our hearts or a special drawer ...Kids are the best examples of so many things..

But.....I think I have found the future writers for "Hallmark greeting cards"..
To my little ones, I love you all, and because of the gospel plan I do get to "keep you".."My heart explodes with love whenever I see you"...You simply are "dalishis"...
Thanx for the reminders of how simple it is to just love!!!!

6 comments:

Brittany said...

i'm sooooo glad you're recording these things! there are soooo many things my brothers did and said growing up that my mom and i always swore we would never forget... that now, i can't remember! one of the awesome things about bloggin'

marcia@joyismygoal said...

awww that was so precious how blessed you are to have each other

Gail said...

Oh that is so true. Children are so quick to forgive because they are so innocent and free from sin. I am learning everyday how full of love my little ones are. They are my greatest examples on how to love. They are so Christlike and so perfect. And although I fall short most days, I wake up every morning vowing I will do better. They inspire me to try a little harder.

Devri said...

I love it, and just for the record= I want to marry you too :)

tiki_lady said...

This was such a sweet and tender post and what beautiful memories and a testament of a great woman you are! Dang, I am just feeling really gushy!

tiki_lady said...

yeah, what devri said. and if i don't marry you can we just live together???



you know in that massive house of yours, with my fam! rofl