My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Monday, October 13, 2008

Can't fix stupid...

Today on good morning america, it had a segment on how to be happy...One of the things suggested was to laugh at ourselves...
O.K. I'm going to laugh at myself and let you join in...number 1..On my blog I have a gadget that counts down to my anniversary..It has been there for months..It says on Nov. 20th I will celebrate my 38th wedding Anniversary..Whatever!!!! I hated math. On Nov. 20th of 2008 I will have been married 39 years..We were married in 1969.Not a biggy--- but soo buggy..

Item number 2..I left my fav. travel pillow on the plane on our last trip..I was so mad at myself, because I swear I looked around, up and down only to "not" see that pillow..It was nylon and soo soft.So I went shopping (with a prayer in my heart) went to the first store B.B and Beyond and found "the" pillow...It even had a light that shined for your reading for 50,000 hrs of use..

I pushed on every pillow they had..None of the lights worked..Oh well, I didn't buy it for the light..Right??I went to the check out and asked the gal if they had any complaints on these pillows not working...I told her I tried every single one...(about 10 of them) She looked at me with that look..Then she said, First you un-zip it right here, take this out and put the battery in it..Then it will work just fine..She then said "did you really try every pillow"?

I felt so stupid, but walked away smiling....I still haven't fixed my anniversary gadget..Who really cares?
Have a happy day and don't forget to laugh at your self..

6 comments:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

I'll use that one on my joy list next time I do something stupid, shouldn't be too long of a wait:)

Brittany said...

that's funny. you DO know that some of that is just a Nielsen thing...

i can only speak for myself... and my dear mother...

Brooke said...

YOU make me laugh! If I laughed at myself for doing dumb things, I wouldn't stop laughing. It's a good thing I have inspirational posts from you and others to keep my going!

tiki_lady said...

LOL, thanks for sharing that story! LOL, I'm still laughing pretty good only because that would be MOI! and yes, I would be the one telling the cashier "like, what's the dealio" being all unjustified and then having to eat crow when she says, UNZIP and place battery in, OH, ok.... did I happen to tell you I'm a twin. So, if you see my twin in here again, don't tell her about this. LOL

Lance and Becky said...

Now you know why I'm always laughing....it's usually at myself :) This would be so typical for me. That's funny though, and I'm so glad I'm not alone!

Vicki Lynne said...

Thanks for the laugh...I needed one.