
One night it was BLT'S.....To this day one of my kids fav..So simple to make..Fresh "white" bread, lettuce, bacon, fresh tomatoes, mayo or salad dressing and s&p...

Tonight we had a yummy tomato salad..Slice fresh tomatoes, add red onion, feta cheese, s&p..And drizzle oil and vinegar dressing over tomatoes..Recipe for my dressing is found here If you have crusty french bread to soak up all the dressing and tom... its even better!! another variation that Mark absolutely loves is to add to this salad, red potatoes, and grated carrots..So delish!!

Another fav. ( on a cold night) is this easy fresh tomato soup recipe..use 4 C. fresh tomatoes skinned and chopped or ( 1 28 oz. can diced or crushed tomatoes) I like to put my tomatoes in a blender..I like the smoother soup..
4 cups tomato juice---1 C. cream or 1/2 & 1/2---1/2 c. butter---s&p---Fresh basil
Mix together in a pot, and cook until heated trough
Last night we had Green fried tomatoes..We still had some greenies..So we love this easy recipe as well.
Slice the green tomatoes, it's o.k. if there is some red on them..Dip them in corn meal or beaten egg and then flour..s&p.. Fry them in evoo or veg. oil...After they have fried about 3 min. on each side... dip them in a sauce.. whatever you have on hand..Ranch dressing and salsa together is good..Last night I didn't have ranch soo....I used mayo with some cilantro, worchestershire sauce, garlic, paprika, s&p. and onion..Sour cream and yogurt can be used as a base for your sauce as well.

Soooo good!!!!!
Finally I wanted to share with you a fav. "canned salsa" recipe..(I made about 24 pts. this week.)
36-40 tomatoes skinned and chunked ( can use canned tomatoes as well)
We all know tomatoes are good for us.. (They say) that tomatoes have compounds that have been proven to prevent cancer, heart disease cataracts and many others.....
So go ahead and enjoy the tomato..

5 comments:
oh my, Yum Mm The tomato is my most favorite food in the world. That all makes me soooo hungry the red photographs so well.
Wow, I am impressed! You've been a busy little bee! I can't wait to try some fried green tomatoes :)
gosh, you're making me tired ;)
Yum!!! My mouth was watering! Tomoatoes it is..we even have them for breakfast! Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. I,too, look at yours often. You are an inspiration.
oy! oh yeah I have made these and we love them all!!!
Post a Comment