My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Is it "luck" or answer to prayer?

People call me "lucky".. When I go shopping.. I always find the perfect item, at the perfect price at the perfect store..You wouldn't believe my Christmas shopping stories .

When I pray "before" I go on a hunt, I seem to find what I'm looking for at the best price.
Who's got time? or the gas money? to shop around at every store for the best price..or simply "who" has what I'm looking for?

Parking spaces open up just as I pull up to the store..Amazing things happen when I include the Lord in all things..

A few days ago I received the Columbus day catalog from Macys dept. store. They had Steve Maddon Boots on sale for $79.00..They were flat and in the colors I needed..I was afraid they would run out before I could get to the store, so I went to Macys on line..When I proceeded to the check out with my shopping list, It wouldn't let me continue...Buggy, but then I called the 1-800 number for mail orders.. The lady couldn't find the boots in the system..She apologized and transferred me to another lady..No one answered....

O.K. I get it..I'm not s'pose to buy these boots..Next day had errands to run and hoped I would have time to check out Macys..Went to lunch with my son. Across the st. was a Payless..I talked him in to going with me..I just wanted to see their boot collection.

Jackpot...

There they were--- flat suede boots in the colors I needed... They were having their buy one get one 1/2 off sale..
I bought the 2 prs. of boots I needed and also 2 prs. of out door boots, plus a scarf and 2 hats for less then the 2 prs. at Macys..
For me just another "lucky" ( prayerful purchase.)

Seriously, I always have a prayer in my heart when I shop, and the Lord always delivers..
The scriptures remind us --We ought to pray always.. Father knows what we need before we ask.. Counsel with the lord in all things.

The Lord helped me once again in getting the right purchase for me.

The times we live in are going to be ever more crucial we include the Lord in our purchases..Even a purchase for boots..







4 comments:

Joe and Marci said...

Ooooh, I love the red hat. I might have to go check it out in person. I scored from that shopping trip too, thanks for being such a good example to Joe :)

tiki_lady said...

hey, i will pray before I shop too and i find the best deals and bargains and things for others too.

Devri said...

I never pray befoe i shop!! maybe this post is a answer to my poor hubbys prayer.

I must do

Gail said...

Sue, so glad to hear that you liked the pictures. You two were so much fun. Thank you again for your time. I relly appreciate it. Sorry I haven't responded. Yes RS is keeping me BUSY, but not as the President, thank goodness. I was called as the 2nd counselor in the Presidency, maybe that is where the confusion came from, but enrichment planning is crazy. BTW I LOVE the boots and hat. You have such great style! Can't wait to see the post of your anniversary!