My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Conference Weekend...




Conference on Sunday was a snowy feast. It was a good day to be inside and listening to conference. I was fed spiritually and my "well" was overflowing.

A few of my favorite talks:


"The Atonement covers all pain"

by Kent Richards of the Seventy.

*

"The miracle of the Atonement"

by C. Scott Grow of the Seventy

*

"More than conquerors through him that loved us"

by Paul Johnson of the seventy

*

"Waiting on the road to Damascus"

by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

*

"Eternal blessings of marriage"

by Elder Richard G. Scott


****************

All the talks are available at lds.org

3 comments:

mCat said...

The snow was unbelievable! This is one thing I am missing starting over again with a little one. The pure joy of sitting uninterrupted and watching conference.

FOr now, I will catch up on the web or in print and remind myself I am doing the better good.

tammy said...

I couldn't believe all the snow you guys were getting! Connor wanted to be there for it.

I always look forward to conference weekend. And not just because I can wear jammies to church : )

tiki_lady said...

it was just simply amazing. I love Elder Scott's talk as well, and one of my favorites was Elder Christopherson's! Crazy weather! we have had the same!!