My boys came to the rescue the day before Easter.
My hubby wasn't feeling well, and didn't think
he could hide the eggs for the grand kids..
Ethan stepped up and volunteered to bring breakfast foods
and make breakfast for the brothers and then hide eggs.
It's a fun new tradition, with the boys and their dad.
Thanks to everyone who could come..
Saturday morning was fun for me because I was invited
to attend a women's conference
at my friends stake where Marie Osmond spoke.
(650 women RSVP)
(650 women RSVP)
She said several things I wanted to remember.
Her topic was on Faith, Hope and Charity.
*
. Faith becomes stronger when you are still
.Some of the greatest tests will be given to the women
in the last days.
.Life on earth is an open book test-
The ultimate eraser is the atonement
.Be careful who you marry-you marry to the level of your self esteem
.Beware of the 3 D's of Satan
1. Discouragement
2.Depression
3.Despair
.Satan's plan is turn us against ourselves
.Hope is nothing more than a positive attitude
.If we expect to stand with the prophets of old inclucing Abraham
expect to go through our own
Abrahamic trial
.Don't base your testimony on others views of you
.Satan is like a rash-don't scratch it
. Complete the Lords list before completing
your own list.
(gave ex. of Pres. Monson showing up to the hospital
when Olive Osmond had a stroke. They were surprised he was there, and asked why.
He told about the list he carried in his pocket,
when he got an impression from the Lord to do something.
On his list was go see Olive.)
.Satan is loud, and noisy and has many distractions
when he hounds us, the spirit on the other hand is quiet, still and calm
.When a test of the heart comes--- note the good things
.Marie serves at the Temple every Wednesday, as busy as she is
.Satan loves to keep us busy doing good things
so we don't have time for the essential things.
(Richard G. Scott)
.Each woman needs to embrace her divine nature.
. Pray every day to know the plan for today
. At one of her dark periods of life
and when she was feeling depressed, she was called to the y. Women.
By accepting the call to serve she lost herself
in helping 25 girls who needed her,
and found she was helping to heal her own pain.
.It's not the easy things that make us who we are,
it's the hard and awful things we go through
.Proverbs 3,5,6
.2 Nephi 21:31
.Moroni 7:41
.Alma 32:21
.Hebrews 11
.D&C 24
*
Thanks Marie for not sleeping for 3 days,
and making necessary changes so you could teach us.
I "loved everything shared".

3 comments:
What a list of quotes from her! All true and all so applicable in my own life right now. Love them.
And what awesome sons you have to step up and take care of Dad. You've done well Mama - well indeed!
I would have loved to have heard her talk. Thanks for sharing what she shared. I just love her.
i was moved just by reading your quotes and what you took away from it! I cry and love Marie when she speaks or shares, I know I would have loved to have been there to listen to her words. I have never had the opportunity to even hear her. I think she should take it on the road. What an amazing blessed experience you shared in! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment