The story is told through word, song and music the last days of the life of Jesus Christ through the experiences of those that witnessed them- those he knew and loved.
What is most interesting is to examine what their decisions were, their actions, and interactions with him teach us about the savior himself.
Rob Gardner the composer, conductor and producer wanted "HOPE" to shine through even in the darkest moments.
**
On the way home my granddaughter Dakota asked me what my favorite part was?
Without hesitation I said the part that spoke to me the most was of Peter, when he denied Christ 3 times. I said to her "when we sin aren't we denying Jesus and what he stands for"? She said "grandma, that is the best example".
At baptism we take upon ourselves the name of Christ. We become his disciples. When we make mistakes, we forget our promise to him.
The hope comes when we realize that even Peter an apostle who walked daily with the savior, denied Christ 3 times..And then he wept, recognizing his error and repented of his weakness. He turned about and became a mighty voice in bearing witness of the risen Lord.
He the senior apostle dedicated the remainder of his life to testifying of the mission, the death and the resurrection of Jesus Christ, the living son of God.
He suffered chains, prison, and a terrible martyrs death as a witness to Jesus.
*****
President Hinckley said:
"We can learn from Peter's denial of the savior the enormous cost of failing to invoke and maintain one's standard of loyalty and steadfastness.
"Peters example was one of the most wrentching abdications of leadership in holy writ, and at the same time- the most compelling reminders of humanness, with its ongoing quest to become perfect".
****
I know that Jesus Christ died and suffered unimaginable pains for me. Through repentance I can like Peter, be forgiven and share my testimony that
"He Lives, and that I know that man they call Jesus."

2 comments:
Beautiful post. We just had this discussion a couple of weeks ago about Peter. GIves me hope that while my testimony is strong, there are times when I too am weak, but in the end Peter was an amazing disciple as can I be.
I feel so blessed to read your blog. I love how you shared that insight with your daughter! I wish I could have seen that at the tabernacle too!
Post a Comment