My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

egg contest---part 4

For 41 years Mark and I have been involved

in the Heugly annual egg decorating contest with the family.
IT'S HUGE.......IT'S FUN...IT'S COMPETITIVE...

Last year McKay won it with his Robot egg, this year he had the

honor of giving the trophy to his twin sister McKinzie






The rules are simple:

Decorate a blown out egg. You must see the egg.

Now you qualify to vote for the winner



g-pa's music egg

Justin's plane egg

Brandon's graduation egg

Ethan's Phantom of the opera egg

Liz and her rapunzel egg

3 finalists: the plane, the diamonds, and angry birds

top 5: plane, music, rapunzel, angry birds and the diamonds


Joe's egg glowed in the dark



Jake's flower egg



Amy did a cupcake egg, and wished Liz a happy birthday



Marci did the pearl earring, and wore it in her ear



Ethan's phantom egg



Despicable minnion egg by Mckenna



Chris's stupid egg (that's what he called it)



Kaeli's porta potty


Justin's plane



Lauren's wind chime egg




Mark's empty tomb egg


Hunters traffic light egg


Christian's smirf egg



Dakota's diamond egg



Dallas's basketball egg



Mike's caution egg



Luke's wrecking ball egg



Sammie's lobster egg


Emma's mega mind egg



Autumn's blue moon egg


Leah's peacock egg



Colins yoda egg



Beau's ice cream cone



Kinzies angry birds egg



McKay's elm street egg




Heathers potato egg




Liz's rapunzel egg




I did the scream egg




Lea's peacock egg



camri's rapunzel egg


Beau is happy to show off his ice cream egg










Grandma Yvonne's egg



Joe and Marci's family's eggs



==========================================

Truly another fabulous Easter...

Thanks everyone for all the great eggs!!

What will we do next year?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a talented, creative family - I missed hearing the commotion of the hunt for eggs this year! Voting for a favorite would be hard.

tammy said...

You guys are all so creative!! Seriously, I would have never come up with some of these ideas.

tiki_lady said...

ok, i so could have never married in nor can my children to any of your grandchildre because we are craft hindered! I am so amazed at all the talent and efforts you all do! So very very fun!