My home is a refuge not only from the world, but from my worries, my troubles, my concerns. I like beautiful things around me. I like to be beautiful because it delights my eyes and my soul is lifted up.
---- Maya Angelou

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

It's.. just a house

Their's


Our's

Mark and I drove past my grandma and grandpa Marker's house this week.

My grandpa was a master carpenter, and built the house himself with my grandma.
Though they have both passed away,

I'm thankful for their example. It also makes me appreciate my home.

I think my grandpa would have thought we live in a mansion.

BUT

To us it's a:

HAVEN OF REFUGE

TO FIGHT THE BATTLES OF LIFE

AND SHARE LOVE WITH THE PEOPLE

WE LOVE THE MOST...

4 comments:

Scrappy Girl said...

Their little house is so cute. Your home is beautiful. I love your thoughts on your home.

CB said...

There is definately differences between generations isn't there.
Their little house is so cute and if only the walls could talk!

tammy said...

My Grandpa built their first couple of houses too, and also my parents' house. I love that. My husband and I lived in one of my grandparents' houses when we were first married and I loved all the character that it had. Cute little built-ins and things that you just don't see now. And I agree, our houses need to be havens and I love that mine feels like one.

tiki_lady said...

it makes me love that little house all the more. My dad couldn't let go of his childhood home that when my grandma passed he bought it. Funny thing is that cute little house housed 4 children and had so much love and memories in it. I think you all should buy that house too. and for the record. I believe your house is a mansion. Clearly, I am on a computer. Hence, the lengthy comments well... actually making any comments! LOL