I've heard a lot of words in my lifetime..Which have formed ideas and thoughts that
now are a part of who I am.
As I celebrate 61 years this week of being on this planet, let me share with you
"61" thoughts that have shaped me, and made me a better person.
2. No matter what, you are going to be fine.
3. You have to find what's good and true and beautiful in your life as it is now.
4. How will a decision affect you in 10 minutes, 10 months or 10 years?
5. If life were easy it wouldn't be hard
6. It's more important to do the right thing than how you feel
7. Death ends a life not a relationship
8. Losses are emotional earthquakes
9. The Lord compensates for every loss
10. God made Death so we'd know when to stop
11. A good example always makes a good sermon
12. No kind of problem has the power to permeate every area of our life.
13. We can do hard
14. While the difficult takes time the impossible just takes a little longer.
15. If it's necessary it's possible
16. Faith is not questioning God
17. Man's extremities are God's opportunities
18. Faith, hope, and Charity= rescue
19. crisis=crossroads
20. Forgiveness= release
21. It doesn't matter who my father is-It matters who I remembered he was
22. god loves us for who we are not what we are
23. God cares about me more than my happiness
24. God doesn't want us successful, he wants us faithful
25. Look for smaller victories
26. All the happiness in the world cannot buy me money
27. Happiness is way station between too much and too little
28. When you are restricted you are excused by the Lord
29. Most of the work done in the church is done by people who don't feel well
30. Illness is a result of imbalance
31. We need reminding more than we need instruction
32. The Lord is building a palace, not a cottage- knocking out doors and windows
33. Shorten the distance
34. Are we building or destroying?
35. Life is a mission not a career
36. Bless your mistakes
37. Wake up every morning and define normal
38. We all need to know our chapter 1
39. Choose to be better not bitter
40. We are the Lord's secret weapon
41. Charity is assuming the best
42. Love is the answer
43. Everyone needs to matter
44. Two to make a marriage-one to make a divorce
45. The scriptures don't say to "be in love with your spouse", they say to "love your spouse"
46. I needed a marriage more than I needed a wedding
47. Most difficult years of a marriage come after the wedding
48. Money isn't bad- wanting more than we need is
49. You can't find peace until you find all the pieces
50. Every man I meet is my superior in some way
51. Satan cannot read my thoughts, my actions tell him what I'm thinking
52. Never suppress a generous thought
53. We are each others clinical material--we learn from one another
54. Don't hog your journey, It's not only yours
55. Sometimes all I can do is all I can do
56. Anger is drinking the poison and waiting for the other person to die
57. The gospel is no insurance against pain, rather a resource in event of pain.
58. Always be a first rate version of yourself instead of a second rate version of someone else
59. Never be the one that does nothing
60. Life is hard, and I'm here to learn--do my best and the atonement will make up the difference.
61. There is a God, and he knows me. Because of the Savior I can again live with my heavenly parents if I strive to live my best life and keep the commandments.
********************************
Everything I am today is the sum total result of all the thinking I have done to this moment.
Whew!!! no wonder I'm tired
Is there a quote or thought that has motivated you in your life?



6 comments:
I absolutely LOVE quotes and thoughts that inspire you to think and be better. My fave is by Abraham Lincoln "Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be."
Happy Birthday
Great list of thoughts. Funny that you brought this up because I just left my primary presidency meeting and saw a quote one of my counselors had that I liked (probably because I need it right now), "Faith in God, requires faith in His timing" - Neal A. Maxwell
Love the list of quotes and thoughts.
I heard a great one Sunday.
"Your actions are your self-portrait. Autograph with excellence"
Happy Birthday!
I really like #14 and #41. Thank you for sharing! I'm glad you had a great birthday! WELL DESERVED ♥
This is a wonderful post! I love quotes and some of these are my very favorites - AND all of them apply to life! You have learned well!
Happy 61st Birthday! You wear it well :-D
I absolutely love all of these. Like seriously! Are these yours or quotes. Any rate. I'm copying all of them and am going to live by them too! They are so helpful and motivating. Something I just love and such great tidbits or bites of knowledge. They remind me a lot of what Sister Hinckley would say or write. Thank you. What a wonderful life you have.
Post a Comment